Car accidents in Philadelphia can result in a range of painful conditions, with lower back pain being a common and debilitating outcome. This type of pain can significantly impact your quality of life and mobility, especially when it stems from the reckless and negligent actions of other drivers. At the Quinn Law Group, our Philadelphia car accident attorney is dedicated to helping you obtain the compensation you need to recover from lower back pain caused by car accidents.
Understanding Lower Back Pain Due to Car Accidents in Philadelphia
According to the American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS), lower back pain affects more than two-thirds of all adults at some point in their lives, with car accidents being one of the leading causes. While rear-end collisions are frequent culprits, lower back pain can occur in any type of crash.
The lumbar region, commonly known as the lower back, is vulnerable to injury in car accidents. The impact can lead to various painful symptoms, including:
- Dull or sharp pain centered or radiating from the lower back.
- Pain that extends through the hips and into the thighs, calves, and feet.
- Tingling, burning sensations, and muscle spasms in any of the aforementioned areas.
- Difficulty bending, stretching, walking, or performing physical activities.
- Poor overall posture and standing with a hunched appearance.
Lower back pain resulting from car accidents can be caused by strained, sprained, or torn muscles in the region, as well as herniated discs, fractured vertebrae, and other spinal problems. While rest and anti-inflammatory medications may alleviate symptoms in some cases, more severe lower back injuries may necessitate spinal injections and even surgery to repair the damage.
Recovery From Lower Back Pain
Lower back pain can become chronic, persisting for months or even years after an accident, as highlighted by Penn Medicine. It can also increase the risk of developing other conditions, such as arthritis, spinal stenosis, and back problems in other areas. In addition to the impact on your overall quality of life, chronic lower back pain can restrict your mobility, affecting your ability to work and provide for your family.
Seeking Compensation for Lower Back Pain
When you experience lower back pain due to a car accident caused by another driver’s negligence, filing a claim against them can help you obtain the compensation necessary for your recovery. Common types of compensation available through an insurance settlement or a car accident lawsuit in Philadelphia may include:
- Coverage for current and future medical costs associated with your injuries.
- Reimbursement for lost wages during your recovery period.
- Compensation for future lost income resulting from long-term disabilities.
- Damages for pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life due to the inability to engage in previous activities.
Our Philadelphia Car Accident Attorney Is Here To Support You
Lower back pain resulting from car accidents can have devastating impacts on victims and their families. At Quinn Law Group, our experienced Philadelphia car accident attorney is committed to helping you secure the compensation you need for your recovery. To discuss your case and schedule a consultation, please call or contact our office online today.