Scranton Personal Injury Attorney
We Represent Injured Victims in Scranton, Lackawanna County, and Throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania
You might not realize that the risk of accidents is all around you when going about your daily routine, but statistics show that there is cause for concern. The US Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that almost 214,00 people are killed because of unintentional fatal injuries every year. Another 23.9 million victims are treated in hospital emergency rooms for personal injuries, and many more visit their primary care physician for treatment after an accident. The losses can be devastating, so it is reassuring to know that Pennsylvania laws protect victims and their families.
Pursuing a personal injury claim can be overwhelming when you are trying to recover from your serious injuries, trust our personal injury lawyer at Quinn Law Group to handle the process. Our personal injury lawyers will fight to get full compensation for your losses, allowing you to get your life back after an accident. Please contact our personal injury law firm to schedule a free consultation with our Scranton personal injury lawyers, who can provide personalized advice. An overview of the important legal concepts is also helpful.
You Need to Seek Immediate Medical Attention After an Accident
Were you hurt in an accident in Scranton? Nothing should come before your health and well-being. All serious injuries require immediate attention from a licensed physician and proper follow-up care. Getting the right medical care could be the difference between making a full recovery and struggling with significant long-term health problems. It is also important to emphasize that you cannot bring a successful personal injury claim in Pennsylvania without seeing a doctor. Medical records will be required to get the full and fair personal injury compensation you deserve.
Our Legal Services for Accident Victims in Scranton, Pennsylvania
The Quinn Law Group is a full-service, results-focused personal injury law firm devoted to protecting the rights and interests of injured victims in Scranton and throughout Northeast Pennsylvania. We are knowledgeable about Pennsylvania personal injury concepts, backed by extensive experience fighting on behalf of injured victims as Scranton personal injury attorneys. You can rely on our law firm to assist with your personal injury case. Along with other types of accident cases, our Scranton personal injury lawyer has the skills and experience to assist victims with:
- Motor Vehicle Collisions: Motorists have a duty to drive carefully, to not cause a risk of harm to others. Car, truck, and motorcycle crashes are a top cause of death and disability, but keep in mind that pedestrian and bicycle accidents also fall in this category. Every crash requires a thorough investigation. We handle the full range of motor vehicle accident claims in Scranton. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation review of your case.
- Premises Liability Claims: Business and property owners are obligated to keep their spaces in a reasonably safe condition, so accidents are more likely when they fail to do so. Examples of premises liability claims include slips and falls, dog bites, swimming pool accidents, deck collapses, and negligent security. We know how to hold negligent businesses and negligent property owners in Scranton accountable. Contact our Scranton premises liability attorney today for a free review of your case.
- Medical Malpractice: Healthcare providers also have a duty of care to patients, and they can be held liable for deviating from this standard. Unfortunately, medical malpractice is a very serious public safety problem. In fact, medical errors are the third leading cause of death nationwide. You could have a claim for misdiagnosis, birth injuries, surgical errors, medication mistakes, and many other medical errors. Our Scranton medical malpractice lawyer has a deep understanding of Pennsylvania’s medical malpractice laws.
- Defective Products: Corporations owe important duties to the public. They have a duty to ensure that products are well-tested and reasonably safe for consumers. Manufacturers and other companies that play a role in putting a defective, dangerous product on store shelves can be accountable under product liability concepts. If you or your loved one was harmed by a dangerous and defective product, contact our Scranton product liability attorney for immediate help.
- Construction and Workplace Accidents: Pennsylvania workers’ compensation laws cover most on-the-job injuries and occupational diseases, so you could be entitled to benefits if you qualify. We help injured workers navigate workers’ comp claims. Additionally, an injured worker may have a fault-based negligence claim against a third party, such as a contractor, subcontractor, property owner, or equipment manufacturer.
- Catastrophic Injuries: A catastrophic injury can have long-lasting, even life-altering effects for the victim and their family. With so much on the line, specialized legal training is required for these cases. Our experienced personal injury lawyer handles all types of serious injury cases, including traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) and spinal cord damage.
- Wrongful Death Lawsuits: There is nothing more challenging than losing a close family member in an accident that never should have happened. Pennsylvania’s wrongful death laws provide a path to justice, accountability, and compensation. Our Scranton wrongful death lawyer is a compassionate, knowledgeable, and experienced advocate for families.
With some serious motor vehicle accidents, you may be able to seek monetary damages through a civil lawsuit.
Legal Remedies in Personal Injury Cases
Though there are many distinct types of personal injury accidents, the at-fault party injury victims in most claims have insurance. Motorists, businesses, and property owners carry liability policies, and healthcare providers have medical malpractice insurance. Plus, employers are required to secure a workers’ comp policy for employees.
As such, your initial remedy is filing an insurance claim. However, even if you think you completed all requirements, insurers often deny claims or make lowball counteroffers to settle. Your claim represents a loss to the company, so they train their employees to find ways to pay out as little as possible. If the insurer refuses to pay maximum compensation, the next step in the legal process is filing a lawsuit in court.
Every Serious Accident in Scranton Requires a Thorough Investigation
A major accident requires a comprehensive and detail-oriented investigation by personal injury lawyers. You do not want to lose access to the evidence that you need to prove liability. At Quinn Law Group, our personal injury lawyer is always ready to hit the ground running. We are prepared to investigate your accident and preserve key evidence.
Financial Compensation in Accident Claims in Scranton, Pennsylvania
Damages in personal injury cases aim to put victims in the same position they would be if the accident never occurred, at least to the greatest extent possible. Our Scranton personal injury lawyers at Quinn Law Group will support you throughout the insurance claims process and attempt to reach a fair settlement. We are ready to take your case to court to ensure you receive fair compensation for two types of compensation:
- Economic Damages: This category includes definite, tangible losses that can be expressed in terms of dollar value. Examples include costs for medical treatment, lost wages from missing work, and out-of-pocket expenses.
- Noneconomic Damages: Some losses are subjective and personal in nature because of how your injuries impact your quality of life. Pain and suffering, scarring and disfigurement, and emotional distress are included in this category.
Our trial-tested Scranton personal injury attorneys will fight tirelessly to maximize your compensation. Our experienced personal injury attorney is always ready to take your case to court if the defendant and/or the insurance company refuses to provide proper compensation for your economic and non-economic damages.
How Scranton Personal Injury Lawyer Sean E. Quinn Can Help
Personal injury claims are notoriously complicated. You do not have to take on the big insurance companies alone. Our founding attorney Sean E. Quinn is a nationally recognized trial lawyer with a history of results. We provide proactive, personalized representation to the people who need help the most. Among other things, our Scranton personal injury lawyer is ready to:
- Hear your story, answer legal questions, and explain the next steps in the process
- Investigate your accident—gathering and organizing the evidence you need.
- Connect with the right medical specialists and document your damages.
- Handle legal paperwork and advise you in negotiations with insurers.
- Develop a comprehensive strategy to help you get the best outcome.
There are no one-size-fits-all solutions for a personal injury lawyer. You need a very experienced personal injury attorney, who will put time, resources, and attention into the small details of your Pennsylvania personal injury case. With a history of testimonials from former clients, you can rely on our Scranton personal injury lawyer for top-quality legal guidance and support.
Speak to a Scranton Personal Injury Lawyer About Your Options
If you were hurt or lost a loved one in an accident, retaining legal help is critical. You can count on an experienced personal injury attorney from Quinn Law Group to guide you through the process, including settlement discussions and litigation. Please call (215) 360-3666 or go online to set up a free consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney. After learning more about your circumstances, we can discuss strategy and the next steps. Our personal injury lawyer represents injured victims in Scranton and throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania, including in Lackawanna County, Luzerne County, Wyoming County, Monroe County, and Carbon County.