Philadelphia Personal Injury Lawyer
Our Experienced Personal Injury Attorney Fights Tirelessly to Protect the Rights and Interests of Injured Victims in Philadelphia
At Quinn Injury Lawyers, our Philadelphia personal injury attorneys have the professional skills, legal expertise, and proven experience that victims and families can rely on. We are your voice and your advocate when it matters most. If you or your loved one was seriously hurt in an accident, we are here as a legal resource that you can trust. Contact us at our Philadelphia law office today for a free consultation with a top-rated Pennsylvania personal injury lawyer.
We Handle the Full Spectrum of Personal Injury Cases in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Quinn Injury Lawyers is a personal injury law firm devoted to being the voice and the advocate for the people who need help the most. We provide legal assistance to victims and their families—not large insurance companies. With a law office located in the heart of Philadelphia, our personal injury firm is well-positioned to handle cases in the city and throughout the surrounding region in Southeastern Pennsylvania. No matter the cause of your accident or the seriousness of your injuries, we have the professional experience you can trust. Along with other types of cases, our Philadelphia personal injury attorneys handle:
- Car Accidents: We handle all types of motor vehicle accidents in Philadelphia—from relatively minor fender-benders to catastrophic collisions. If you were hurt in a crash, contact our Philadelphia auto accident lawyer today for a free case review.
- Truck Accidents: When carrying a full load, a large commercial truck can weigh as much as 40 tons (80,000 pounds). Our experienced personal injury lawyer is skilled in holding responsible parties accountable—whether it is the driver, trucking company, or a truck manufacturer.
- Bus Accidents: Although considered to be a safe form of travel, bus accidents can result in significant injuries due to the large number of passengers that may be involved. We have the skills to handle both public and private bus accident cases in Philadelphia.
- Motorcycle Crashes: Motorcyclists are vulnerable. Even when they are wearing a proper helmet, they only have limited protection. Contact our Philadelphia motorcycle accident lawyers today to get a free, comprehensive review of your case.
- Premises Liability: If you or your loved one is injured on someone else’s property due to negligence, we are here to help. Our law firm handles all types of premises liability claims in Philadelphia, including slip and fall accidents and negligent security claims.
- Medical Malpractice: When medical professionals fail to provide the standard of care, resulting in harm, we step in to fight for justice. With specialized expertise, our Philadelphia medical malpractice lawyers take on the full range of claims.
- Nursing Home Neglect: We advocate for the elderly who have suffered due to neglect or abuse in nursing homes in Philadelphia. Our proactive approach ensures that victims and their families are compensated for the mistreatment—whether it is neglect or outright abuse.
- Work Injuries: Work injuries can disrupt lives and livelihoods. We assist workers in Philadelphia in navigating all aspects of the claims process, including workers’ compensation claims and third-party liability cases.
- Construction Accidents: The inherently hazardous nature of construction work can lead to serious injuries. Our Philadelphia, PA construction accident lawyers are committed to fighting for justice for people hurt in construction incidents.
- Defective Products: In Pennsylvania, manufacturers and distributors have a duty to ensure products are reasonably safe. If a product defect causes an injury, the corporation can be liable through a product liability claim.
- Burn Injuries: Burn injuries can be devastating. A third-degree burn may require long-term care and even a skin graft operation. Our Philadelphia personal injury lawyers are committed to securing full and fair financial compensation for burn victims.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs): A traumatic brain injury (TBI) can have a profound, even lifelong impact. If you or your loved one suffered a severe concussion, it is imperative that you have a top-tier Philadelphia personal injury attorney on your side.
An Overview of the Personal Injury Laws and the Claims Process in Pennsylvania
Were you or a close family member hurt in an accident in Philadelphia? If so, it is crucial that you understand that your case falls under Pennsylvania law. Personal injury cases are largely handled at the state level. If your accident happened across the river in Camden, then your case would be governed by New Jersey law. While there are many similarities, there are also some notable differences in state law for personal injury. Here is an overview of the basic points to know about personal injury laws and the personal injury claims process in Pennsylvania:
- Liability Matters: To hold another party legally responsible for a personal injury, you must establish liability. Put another way, you must prove that the other person caused the accident that led to your severe injuries. In most personal injury cases, liability is based on negligence. For example, if another driver in Philadelphia ran a red light and hit your car, you would need to show that their negligent action (running the red light) directly caused the accident and your injuries. Every serious injury should be thoroughly investigated by an experienced Philadelphia personal injury attorney.
- Comparative Fault: Under Pennsylvania law (42 P.S. § 7102), personal injury lawsuits are subject to a modified comparative negligence standard. Although this might sound complicated on the surface, the concept is relatively straightforward. It means that if you were partly at fault for the accident, you can still get some compensation—but that compensation will be reduced based on how much you were at fault. For instance, if you were 30 percent responsible for a slip and fall accident in Philadelphia, you would be liable for 30 percent of your own damages. If you had $10,000, you could still recover $7,000 through a personal injury claim. However, under Pennsylvania law, if a person is more than 50 percent at fault, they cannot recover compensation from another party.
- Statute of Limitations: Under Pennsylvania law (42 P.S. § 5524), there is a strict time limit for filing a personal injury claim. Unless a very narrow exception applies, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. The deadline is known as the statute of limitations. If you miss this deadline, you will likely lose the right to bring a claim to seek compensation for your injuries/damages. Be proactive: Consult with a top-tier Philadelphia personal injury attorney as soon as possible after a bad accident.
We Help Injured Victims Fight for the Maximum Financial Compensation
Following a serious accident, personal injury victims must be able to secure the greatest possible financial support. You need money damages to pay your bills and provide for your family. Unfortunately, the large insurance company is hard. While Pennsylvania law allows injured victims to pursue compensation for economic losses and intangible damages, insurers want to pay out as little as possible. Our Philadelphia personal injury lawyers are always ready to go the extra mile to help you secure the maximum compensation or verdict. You may be entitled to recover for:
- Property damage, including automobile repairs;
- Ambulance fees and other emergency medical care;
- Hospital bills and any related medical expenses;
- Required prescription medications and medical equipment;
- Lost wages and loss of earning power;
- Pain and suffering & emotional distress;
- Long-term disability and physical disfigurement; and
- Wrongful death of a family member.
Personal Injury Claims in Philadelphia: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Should I Do After Being Hurt in an Accident in Philadelphia?
After an accident, you should always prioritize your safety and health. Seek immediate medical attention. If you do not see a doctor, you cannot file a personal injury case. You should also make a proactive effort to document the scene of the accident. Take photos and gather contact information from witnesses and other parties involved. Do not go it alone. An experienced Philadelphia personal injury lawyer can help you determine the best course of action.
Should I Agree to Give a Recorded Statement to an Insurance Company?
No—or at least you should not do so without first consulting with an experienced Philadelphia personal injury lawyer. No insurance adjuster is looking out for your best interests—even if they are a representative of your own company. Insurers can use your words against you to minimize or deny your claim. Let your lawyer handle all correspondence with the insurance company.
When is the Right Time to Hire a Philadelphia Personal Injury Lawyer?
Right away. The best time to hire a Philadelphia personal injury lawyer is always as soon as possible after your accident. Early legal guidance can prevent costly mistakes—such as missing deadlines or saying something to insurance companies that could affect your claim. Beyond that, your attorney will also immediately start gathering evidence and building your case.
What is a Demand Letter in a Personal Injury Claim?
A demand letter is a key tool in the personal injury claims process. Broadly speaking, it is a document your Philadelphia personal injury attorney sends to the insurance company and/or responsible party (defendant). A well-drafted demand letter will outline the facts of the accident, the injuries you sustained, the treatment you have received, and the compensation you are seeking. As the demand letter initiates negotiations and is a critical step in the claims process.
Is My Personal Injury Claim Likely to Be Settled?
It is certainly possible. Indeed, most personal injury claims in Pennsylvania are eventually settled out of court. Settlement is often more efficient and less costly for both parties compared to a trial. However, the likelihood of settling depends on the specifics of your case. Key factors include the clarity of fault, the extent of your injuries, and the insurance company’s willingness to negotiate in good faith. A Philadelphia personal injury lawyer can help you fight for a full and proper settlement.
Why Trust the Philadelphia Personal Injury Attorneys at the Quinn Injury Lawyers
A serious accident can be stressful, frustrating, confusing, and overwhelming. You cannot rely on any insurance companies to look out for your best interests. At the Quinn Injury Lawyers, Sean Quinn is your voice and your advocate. Taking a proactive approach to every case, our law firm puts people first. Along with other things, Sean Quinn is prepared to:
- Hear your story, answer personal injury questions, and explain the next steps:
- Thoroughly investigate your accident—gathering relevant evidence to prove fault;
- Document your damages and represent you in insurance settlement talks; and
- Take aggressive legal action to help you secure the best possible results in your case.
Every personal injury claim requires comprehensive, individualized attention. Sean Quinn is ready to invest the time and resources to represent you and your family the right way. We encourage you to review our clients testimonials and recent case results and to reach out to our Philadelphia personal injury lawyers directly with any questions or concerns about your specific case.
You Can Always Afford Our Top-Tier Philadelphia Personal Injury Attorneys
With Quinn Injury Lawyers, you do not have to worry about the cost of securing top-tier legal representation for your personal injury claim in Philadelphia. We handle these cases on a contingency fee basis—meaning our clients do not pay any upfront fees, hourly bills, or other out-of-pocket costs. Instead, our legal fees come as a percentage of the settlement or award we secure for you. If we do not win your case, you owe us nothing. We will take on all of the risk and expense of bringing your personal injury claim. Consultations are free and carry no obligations.
Schedule a Free Case Review With Our Top-Tier Philadelphia Personal Injury Lawyer
At the Quinn Injury Lawyers, our Philadelphia personal injury attorneys are passionate, experienced, and results-focused advocates for injured victims. We hold defendants and insurance companies accountable. Contact us today for your free consultation. From our office in Philadelphia, we fight to protect the rights and interests of injured victims throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania, including Philadelphia County, Montgomery County, Chester County, Delaware County, and beyond.
“Sean is a trial attorney who holds himself to the highest standards for every case and client he works for. I have experience working with hundreds of lawyers and Sean goes above and beyond normal expectations. Clients are lucky to have someone as dedicated and talented as Sean to represent them in court.”