Philadelphia Scaffold Accidents
Philadelphia Scaffold Accident Lawyers: Ensuring Your Protection
Construction professionals in Pennsylvania and New Jersey navigate their jobs with an awareness of the inherent risks. However, this acknowledgment does not absolve contractors, sub-contractors, and project owners of their obligation to maintain a safe environment. This duty is amplified when scaffolding safety standards come into play. Our Philadelphia scaffold accident lawyers at Quinn Law Group are here to support you in case of serious injuries arising from negligence in scaffolding practices.
Unveiling Scaffold Accident Reality
The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) reports around 60 deaths and 4,500 injuries annually due to scaffold accidents. Alarming as this statistic is, the tragedy is that most of these accidents were preventable. If you or a family member has experienced significant harm or death at a construction site, our team can assess your situation and advise you on pursuing compensation under Pennsylvania or New Jersey law.
Deciphering Scaffold Accidents
Scaffolding, a temporary elevated platform, is crucial to construction. Two main types are supported and suspended scaffolds. While OSHA stringently regulates scaffold design, construction, and worker training, numerous injuries still occur. Common scaffold accidents include:
- Defective Construction: Poor design or assembly can lead to platform collapses.
- Overloading: Excessive weight on a platform can cause it to give way.
- Slip and Falls: A slippery platform without proper guardrails can result in falls.
- Falling Objects: Objects from scaffolds can harm workers and bystanders.
- Electrocution: Close proximity to power lines poses electrocution risks.
- Environmental Conditions: Harsh weather and chemicals endanger workers on scaffolds.
Investigating Negligence in Scaffold Accidents
While not all accidents are due to negligence, many can be attributed to it. Quinn Law Group investigates the causes of each scaffold accident, paying close attention to potential negligence of construction site owners, contractors, and employers. We consider factors such as:
- Scaffolding Defects: Was there a defect or recall on the scaffolding?
- Proper Erection: Was the scaffold erected according to regulations?
- Regular Inspection: Was the scaffold inspected regularly and replaced when needed?
- Worker Training: Were workers trained in scaffold usage and construction?
- Safety Equipment: Did workers have access to adequate safety gear?
- Protection from Objects: Was the scaffold adequately covered to prevent falling objects?
- Hazardous Conditions: Were workers forced to work on scaffolds in dangerous weather?
Navigating Scaffold Accident Injuries
Scaffold accidents often yield severe injuries. Seeking immediate medical attention is paramount, as many injuries do not manifest immediately. While fatalities can occur, non-fatal cases lead to injuries like bone fractures, burns, paralysis, lacerations, spinal cord damage, and traumatic brain injuries. Scaffold accident victims can seek compensation through Pennsylvania workers’ compensation and personal injury claims.
Trust Our Philadelphia Scaffold Accident Lawyers
Workers’ compensation may not fully address your needs after a scaffold accident. Employers and insurers may dispute your compensation. Entrust your case to experienced Philadelphia scaffold accident lawyers who can ensure your rights are upheld. Contact Quinn Law Group today for a free initial consultation. We stand by accident victims throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
“Sean is a trial attorney who holds himself to the highest standards for every case and client he works for. I have experience working with hundreds of lawyers and Sean goes above and beyond normal expectations. Clients are lucky to have someone as dedicated and talented as Sean to represent them in court.”