Philadelphia Slip and Fall Accident Attorney
Our Philadelphia Premises Liability Attorney has Extensive Experience Handling Slip and Fall Accidents and Trip and Fall Accidents
At the Quinn Law Group, our Philadelphia slip and fall accident attorney has the professional expertise that you can trust. If you or your family member was hurt in a fall accident caused by the negligence of a business or property owner, we are more than ready to help you fight for justice and full financial compensation. For a free consultation with a top-rated Pennsylvania premises liability lawyer, please do not hesitate to contact our Philadelphia law office today.
A Slip/Trip and Fall Accident is a Type of Premises Liability Claim
Slips, trips, and falls cause many injuries each year. The National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI) reports that in excess of one million Americans seek emergency room care for slip and fall injuries each year. These personal injury cases fall under an area of law called premises liability. In Pennsylvania, property owners and businesses have a responsibility to maintain their property in a reasonably safe condition, and if they fail to do so and someone is injured as a result, they may be held liable for the victim’s damages.
How to Hold a Business or Property Owner Liable for a Slip/Trip and Fall Accident
Sip and falls and trip and falls are fault-based legal cases. Neither a business nor a property owner is automatically liable for a fall accident that happens on its premises. A thorough investigation is required to determine exactly what happened and why it happened. Here are the steps to hold a business or property owner liable for a slip, trip, or fall accident in Pennsylvania:
- Duty: The first step in holding a business or property owner liable is to establish that they had a duty to maintain the property in a safe condition. This duty is established by state law and can vary depending on the type of property and the purpose for which it is used. Notably, a far higher duty is owed to customers/invitees than to unauthorized individuals.
- Breach: The next step is to show that the business or property owner breached this duty by failing to maintain the property in a safe condition. Some examples of slip/trip and fall hazards that may constitute negligence include wet floors, uncleaned spills, tattered carpets, broken floorboards, debris in walkways, and poor lighting in stairwells.
- Causation: The victim must then prove that the breach of duty caused the slip, trip, or fall accident. You must prove that the dangerous condition was the direct and proximate cause of the accident and that the accident would not have occurred if the owner had taken appropriate steps to fix the dangerous condition.
- Damages: The final step is to show that the victim suffered damages as a result of the slip, trip, or fall accident. Without proving damages, you will not be in a position to recover fair compensation for a slip and fall in Pennsylvania.
Recovering Compensation in a Slip and Fall Accident in Pennsylvania
How much compensation can you recover in a fall accident claim? In Pennsylvania, your recovery will depend on the extent of your damages. Unfortunately, defendants and insurers make these claims process difficult. Our Philadelphia slip-and-fall accident lawyers help victims and their families seek compensation for:
- Emergency medical treatment
- Hospital bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning power
- Pain and suffering
How Our Philadelphia Slip/Trip and Accident Attorney Can Help
Fall accident claims are complicated. As a nationally recognized trial lawyer, attorney Sean E. Quinn goes above and beyond to help injured victims get justice and the maximum financial compensation. We are proactive. Among other things, our Philadelphia premises liability lawyer is prepared to:
- Conduct a free consultation review of slip/trip and accident claims.
- Investigate your fall accident and your injuries.
- Complete the legal paperwork and represent you in settlement discussions.
- Develop aggressive action to prove liability and maximize your compensation.
Set Up a Free Consultation With a Top Philadelphia Premises Liability Lawyer Today
At the Quinn Law Group, our Philadelphia slip and fall attorney has the professional skills and legal expertise to handle the full range of slip and fall accident claims. We hold property owners and business owners to account. Call us now or connect with us online to set up your free, no-obligation case review. We have an office in Philadelphia and an office in Cherry Hill and we handle premises liability claims in Southeastern Pennsylvania and Southern New Jersey.
“Sean is a trial attorney who holds himself to the highest standards for every case and client he works for. I have experience working with hundreds of lawyers and Sean goes above and beyond normal expectations. Clients are lucky to have someone as dedicated and talented as Sean to represent them in court.”